Kitsune Mura RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kura's Roleplaying Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kura
Demon Fox
Demon Fox
Kura

Kura's Roleplaying Guide Empty
PostSubject: Kura's Roleplaying Guide   Kura's Roleplaying Guide Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:54 pm

Welcome to Kura's Roleplaying Guide.

This is for anyone who is interested in roleplaying with me. I have created standards that are now going to be used in any roleplay I do with a person or people.

First thing you should know is that I am pretty much open to anything. However, there are some guidelines that must be followed for me to accept the idea. So please follow the five laws of Kura's Roleplaying Guide.

1. Plot- One of the most important things in a roleplay. Plot. Most times the plot is then cut into arcs, taking one step at a time. With canon plots, custom characters can be added as long as the canon plot is applied for the most part. If not, things can be completely custom but a plot must be established for the general idea of which the characters are being guided to. Plot for me is like the outline of a roleplay. It can be long term or short term. Most times there is an overall main idea with smaller short term plot arcs. Please understand that plots can be changed, so do not be overl yworried about this point.

2. Post Length- Another one of my most important aspects is the post length. Now, I'm not asking for a 2,000 word post for every post. Sure, a long post here and there is wonderful, but simply one sentence is something I cannot do. A good reference point is the one I am currently doing with Hitsuga. You can simply look and can see that yes, we do have short posts, but we have quite extensive ones as well. I at least ask for a 100 word minimum post. Ten sentences, ten words each. Is that so hard? And if you have some trouble I can make an exception for 50. But no lower unless it's an extreme case. I do enjoy longer posts with detail as it is quite fun to play with. So in other words, at least a decent paragraph will suffice.

3. Spelling and Grammar- This is more of a pet peeve of mine. The conventions of writing. I understand that some people may be dyslexic or have English as their second language, but honestly, there is no reason for writing like "y r u being s0 me@n i mean srsly do u h8 on every1?" No, no, no. Despite that poor sentence was a disgrace to the American language, that is simply not acceptable. Microsoft word has spell check. Even this reply box has spell check. A few errors here and there is acceptable but I shouldn't feel like I need to proofread your post. Also with grammar please don't constantly switch tense. Example, "She wakes up from her nap. She then walks to the cabin. The woman then ate some apples and then walks the dog." Again, simply no. I prefer past tense since it seems to run a lot smoother, but please post appropriately.

4. Character Usage- If there is one thing I truly cannot stand, it is the abuse of character usage. You may ask, "What do you mean?" And simply, it's when someone bastardizes a character. If you make Aizen a teddy bear loving go happy person you destroyed the character. If you make Cloud Strife so open and all huggly you are probably thinking more of Zack, not Cloud. If you even go the route of making Hinata an arrogant prick then get out. Know the characters you're using or at least warn beforehand. I'd prefer to not have the canon characters transformed into something their not. And trust me, I have read enough radical fanfictions that portray the characters more accurately than some of the roleplays that illustrate the characters in no relevance whats so ever.

5. Being Reasonable- The last of my five rules. This also goes along with godmoding but more so on the writing style. If I write something that is internal to that person, the other characters shouldn't know that. For example,
"She loved him but could never tell him this. For if she did he would be ripped away from her, knowing that someone would come to take him away."
The response.
"He knew she was afraid to lose him. And he even knew she loved him even though she didn't tell him."
Yes there are a few exceptions, but this shouldn't be happening every post. It just ruins the character thought process of analyzation, if not internal character development.

And what I mean for a 'perfect' roleplay that would fulfill all these guidelines is this current one.

https://kitsunemura.forumotion.com/t146-ff-vii-cc-puppies-fire-andturks-kuraxhitsuga

OTHER THINGS TO KNOW!
Everything Else
Please note that I prefer to use multiple characters and not set things up as a 1x1 simply because it limits things greatly. Also note this is my thread, if you don't like anything oh well. And if you want to add/change anything just tell me. Just don't be overly drastic, this is my work and page, not yours.

If more than one person wants to do a topic, I will the plot more than once. If it reaches with five people wanting to do the same topic, I will put asterisks next to the topic name noting how many people I am doing that roleplay with. Also, if I have too many people in one topic and then become bored with the topic I will strike out the topic name.

Also the format of my thread will always have this first post with rules and what not. My next post will have general preferences, and then the following will have specific examples of the topics if people wish for a more constructive roleplay instead of making things up as we go along.

IF INTERESTED PLEASE PM ME! DO NOT POST IN MY THREAD!

Now for anyone interested, preferences.
Back to top Go down
Kura
Demon Fox
Demon Fox
Kura

Kura's Roleplaying Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kura's Roleplaying Guide   Kura's Roleplaying Guide Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:55 pm

Preferences of February 1
Common Things
  • Custom and Canon
  • Open Ideas on Wants and needs
  • Posts Once Every Three Days

Actual Plot Themes
  • Final Fantasy VII (Crisis Core to Advent Children)
  • Dissidia
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • League of Legends
  • Bleach

Custom Themes
  • Fantasy
  • Science Fiction
  • Medieval Fantasy
Back to top Go down

Kura's Roleplaying Guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum