Kitsune Mura RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!

Go down 
+4
Sivvy
VGrace
SuperNova
Cozzy
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cozzy
Goddess
Goddess
Cozzy

Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Empty
PostSubject: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:57 pm

------------
WARNING
-------------
This is not a RP sign up! This is a place of learnign and sparring.. I state my vision on how a battle in RP;s should be, aswel as provice a place where you can use any character you have against any other character I or some other member has
---------
WARNING
--------

Welcom, one and all to Cozzy’s Battle Dojo!

RP;s with Combat element are rapidly growing on the forums, this, is to my personal licking

I love RP’s with a fight to it! Character that battle it out makes my heart soar! However sometimes when i read over the battles.. they make me a bit sad.. because at times i see such potential beign waisted..

Battles in an RP shouldnt be about winning or losing, remember! Both you and your opponent play to have fun! And since there is no system that decides who is better as in a video game, you are yourself responsible for that!

I want to show you people my own personal vissions on the battles.. thigns id like to see back in any fight that is beign done in my Dojo!

On request, i can provide back up, information, and critsism, but mostly this is to get better at fighting, so that everyone likes the battles..

First of all, Do not feel personally attacked if you read anything, and feel its reflected upon you.. No, i do not write anything with anyone on mind, simply things that can make or break a combat situation, and now without further ado.. the Teneths of the Dojo!

--------------
The Teneths of Fine Combat
-------------

1. Most importantly is that every battle has to be fun. Both you and your opponent have put alot of time into the making of characters, and no one wants to be left with a bitter taste in the mouth. In an RP a fight isnt about wining or losing, but about having fun.. in a good RP, both the winner and loser are satisfied with the results of the fight

2. About Hitting
In a fight, your purpose is to take down your opponent, and to do so you must hit. Sure.. but how far do you go on that? Auth hitting is one of the evils i sometimes see.. its not fun for your opponent to read that he is hit in the chest with a sword, without a second notion

Try to show your intentions, and make a clear attack, but leave room for an opening! If your opponent is a fair person, and you describe a good move, he will let you hit, and that is more satisfying for both of you

Also never put to many attacks in one post... to first kick one into the air, then fire six fireballs after him, followed by dissapearing behind them to shoot lighting.. thats just to much.. instead of typing MANY attacks, type one or two Good attacks!

3 Evading
The other side is Ever Evading, this is when you always dodge, and mostly the same oringal way.. if you dodge, make it reasonable, just being faster and able to run away, thats just annoying.. also if you dodge , and there is a follow up attack, dont auto dodge it too.. know when to take a hit, think of manuverbility, oringality and your surrounding area

if an attack is, without being the first attack launched at you, reasonable hard to escape, atleast dodge or take a small blow,

4 Over Power
If at post one you make your strongest attack appear, in a single post, and even launch that attack.. you will lose lots of respect.. a super attack should be used as a finish, or as a last resort.. calculate energy, timing and logics. If its your first attack, you will most likely be dodged, and dont get angry if people dodge your best move like that! You used it on a wrong timing

Dont asume you are stronger, unless it is stated so, if you are CLEARLY outranking someone, you can show that.. but in an RP, Rank isnt anything, exceptions are mostly leaders, main plot figures or wielders of legendary proportion powers.

in the rare case that you ARE over powered.. dont expect to push your enemy, dont keep persisting in attacks, otherwise you are just looking like a fool

5. Pay Attention and Respect
If you fight someone, pay attention to it, read the post well, and if you doubt ask. Make sure there is as little miss comunication as possible.. dont jump to conclusions until you talked

another bad thing is when a post is ignored, when someone posts he attacks you, and you dont clearly reply to it and just post your own next attack, its meaning is pretty simple: You didnt notice the attack..and there for your opponent can mark it as a hit

And Respect should speak for itself, you can’t be fair if you disrespect someone. Sure, some opponent might use a style you dislike, but thats no reason to be a jerk back, always stay patient and respectfull.. talk about them behind there back ;p

6. Out Smartign
The best part of a battle is where you think, Anyone can post the ussage of a uber power to stay safe! The best battles are where you use your abilites to the best. A logical, smart explanation, is often more appriciated then: cause i can! “

be true to your powers.. know your own weaknesses and strenghts, and dont make up things on the spot..thats nto smart, that is just cheap.

Try being creative and use your field, abiltiy, opponents movements, earlier events as your leverage in battle

7. Godmodding and Metagaming
When you post, post as your character, not yourself.. if one of your other charaters before was caught in a certain attack, the current one DOESNT know that.. if you read an ability or information in a profile or post, your character doesnt have that information. Stay true to this! The details of posts are to give a clear explination, not to betray a battle

Godmodding is where you take controll of your opponent in a sense.. if you decide he gets penetrated by six blades and falls to the ground, thats god modding.. only make a finisher when your opponent shows he or she is willing to it!

----------------
This is all for now... i might think of more pointers..or if you have tyour own guidlines you feel deserve to be here.. please post them,

What can you post in this threat?

- Sign up for the Dojo, showing you will try to play Combat RP’s by this guidline
- Requiest a feedback fight, or for me to read your fight with someone for feedback
- State challanges to other members, so you can practise fighting, or fight that battle you always wanted to
- Your own vision on these guidlines, and discussions over them, dont be afraid to share your oppionin
-You can request teachings, for if your battle experience is low

Don’t be ashamed to ask! We all are here as a community, and I see the same faces arround combat RP’s so lets do our best to optimize them!

~Signed, Cozzy
Back to top Go down
SuperNova
Demon Fox
Demon Fox
SuperNova

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 2:21 am

I'd like to sign up, and I'm pretty good at 1v1 matches, but I never really get a chance for 2v2 so I'd line to request a two-on-two practice match against anyone interested.
Back to top Go down
VGrace
Magical Fox
Magical Fox
VGrace

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 5:41 am

I would totally like to join a 2v2 game
Back to top Go down
Cozzy
Goddess
Goddess
Cozzy

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Alright! im sure we can make up such an arrangement! im happy to see the support for this project!

Welcom to the Dojo, Nova and Grace
Back to top Go down
SuperNova
Demon Fox
Demon Fox
SuperNova

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 3:20 pm

So, now what do we do Cozzy?
Back to top Go down
VGrace
Magical Fox
Magical Fox
VGrace

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:25 pm

How about a 1x1x1
Back to top Go down
SuperNova
Demon Fox
Demon Fox
SuperNova

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:34 pm

I'd be down.
Back to top Go down
Cozzy
Goddess
Goddess
Cozzy

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:55 am

id be honored to participate in that, both post the characters you will be using and il make a topic
Back to top Go down
SuperNova
Demon Fox
Demon Fox
SuperNova

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:43 am

Do they have to be Bleach OCs? Because I know very little about the series.
Back to top Go down
Sivvy
Demon Fox
Demon Fox
Sivvy

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:36 am

glub glub, is interested in joining the dojo, glub =3
Back to top Go down
Cozzy
Goddess
Goddess
Cozzy

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:17 am

you are welcom aboard! il sign you up right away ^w^
Back to top Go down
Nekomata
Goddess
Goddess
Nekomata

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:23 am

I join if only to further support~!
Back to top Go down
https://kitsunemura.forumotion.com
Cozzy
Goddess
Goddess
Cozzy

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:36 am

Now we are getting somewhere~even more trainings partenrs and people that support the Teneths, Makes me happy!
Back to top Go down
Atomsk
Goddess
Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 1:02 am

*pokes head it*
yo, you always have atty's support... though I probably won't give much good advice.
Back to top Go down
Cozzy
Goddess
Goddess
Cozzy

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 2:37 am

Doesnt make me any less happy to see you atty dearest!
Back to top Go down
Kura
Demon Fox
Demon Fox
Kura

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 9:26 am

So this is just a roleplay with an actual structured but not overly structured sparring system. Just sort of meh. I would join but I feel like I could just set this up as a roleplay. Plus it can vary so much when it comes to rp fighting. You have to take in consideration of characters and how they can change throughout a plot or depending on a story. Fighting with a Naruto based character compared to a KH character is completely different. Under this I assume it will be discussed beforehand so that doesn't happen.

Fighting in general is extremely hard as well. You can't assume it's going to hit. You always have to wait for that person to say if it hit or if they evaded the attack. Not to mention a lot of detail must be put in most times. I say this because people can be confused with vague details and might misinterpret what you're saying. Worst part is that you can't launch a bunch of different attacks for strategy, because that builds and by the time the other person reacts they are reacting to things in the past that can't really be built off of.

In more structured fighting systems I have seen in the past, a person gains x amount of dodges depending on ranking. It's more of a statistical thing than a freelance idea. However, by using Cozzy's style it's a little more free.

Problems in general can occur with skills. Some may seem overpowered or just not make sense. I doubt people can add every ability that they know, that would take up pages of writing. If I were to right down every ability that would probably create a book. Taking that into consideration pulling out abilities you might want to add later might be unfair but it's something malleable.

Another thing I find in these things in general that actually annoys me are Mary Sue characters. Seriously, stop taking things that aren't really yours. Not even that but how unrealistic things can become. Naruto Example: Contains the Gobi, Kage at age 16, has Byakuygan (even though it's not from the leaf village) and is also a healing genius. NO NO NO! God forbid just shoot me now if I see that. God, that or I see them being offspring or directly related (blood) to a canon character. Stop herping all the derps, please. That or taking names from another series and planting that to your character. So before you continue making characters, please god forbid take this test:
www.springhole.net/writing/marysue.htm

Another pet peeve people assuming things. Saying something vague like clones. Okay, how many clones, are they perfect? Are the clones equally spread so you cannot tell who the real person is? What about the surroundings as well? Is everything set up so you can use it to your advantage? Is there something that can be dangerous and used against you? Example: If you are a fire user and there is a lake with high humidity in the air; they aren't in the best situation. Someone can use that against them by fighting on the lake or using the moisture in the air.

If you want to work on your fighting skills, improve your roleplaying skills in general first. It's like losing weight, lose overall weight and then target certain areas you want to lose weight in, because most likely when you lose overall weight you'll lose weight in the places you wanted to. The same is with roleplaying, if you improve your skills overall it will catch on. Focusing on just fighting takes a lot of time and effort, if not quite a bit of analytical thinking. Keeping in mind basics like your attack damage, magical ability, defensive statistics, speed, stamina and those basics need to stockpile and make sense. Unless your character is godly he or she should run out of energy at some time and need rest.

That's all I have to say for now, just take some things into consideration to improve your fighting style.
Back to top Go down
Cozzy
Goddess
Goddess
Cozzy

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 12:30 pm

this isnt set up to be a roleplay at all, its an over informative page, ment to show guidlines that make fights in roleplays better

Yes, if your roleplaying improves, your fighting COULD improve, but if you don't realize taht hitting someone or always pushing through your plan is something that is bad within a combat, it doesn't matter how great you are at Roleplaying, you will still be a horrible fighter

this threat is not aimed to perfect the combat roleplays, its only purpose is to improve the fighting in such games, and for people to request a fight they want, or to get some feedback, i never intended it to be about a genre and to make every little personal flaw i have with character in RP be fixed

so in summary: This threat is for people to sign up, and agree that the way of fighting i wrote down in the first page, is preferable, people that sign up, agree to that and will try to apply those ideals in fighting. Futhermore for those unsure of wanting to do a combat practise, they can sign up here too

I appriciate the feedback and i see your point of vieuw, but im trying to take this one problem at a time, and indeed, my descriptions included the proper use of terrain and to use stragegy over "I have better OP powers then you, therefor you lose!"

I personaly have been specifying amouth of clones, proper weaknesses, using of terain for aslong as i can remember, but i just want to help people get to such point, and guide them on the process, this threat is to achieve that

~Cozzy
Back to top Go down
VGrace
Magical Fox
Magical Fox
VGrace

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 3:59 pm

How about a tournament style idea ?
Back to top Go down
Kura
Demon Fox
Demon Fox
Kura

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 4:53 pm

Cozzy, fighting is a lot more complicated. I don't usually roleplay serious fights because it's not really roleplaying. It still depends on a character though. Well, fighting is also a type of roleplaying. When you fight in a roleplay things still have to be structured that uses abilities, strategy, and wits over powers. Powers are simply powers, it's how you use them. Telepathy and things like those aren't considered powers in my eyes, simply godmoding things.

As for improving fighting in games each person has their unique style of fighting. Granted it's a lot harder when people use a different style. You lack consistency and it's overall more difficult. Within games there should still be a structure. For example the tournament roleplay group. That's probably more structured than a normal roleplay. But people still have to take into consideration their character as a whole. If a character has a phobia of blood and is fighting, they must be extremely cautious. Characters play just as much as an important role as the fight does by itself. Sure a character can become 'serious' but you have to take into consideration of normal human traits. Is there that lack of humanity, or lack of self control.

In fact it's even more difficult to be fighting with canon characters compared to custom characters. As custom characters you know every little detail about them, with canon characters you don't. You usually have a set amount of spells/abilites with each character. You can only use that character so liberally. Plus you can't ignore their personality and backstory completely. It should interfere with a fight in some moments, no one is a perfect fighting machine unless that is their main goal or purpose in a storyline.

Fighting in these things should hold some realistic factors overall. I'm not saying it should be a roleplay as in the mental processes of memories unless necessary. A fight should be well thought out and create a vivid image so you know exactly what is happening. An example back on an old site was usually split up into how much detail you put into a post. IE: In the middle of an abandoned city stood a man. The darkness covered him although, the moon's light shined just enough to see who he was. In a quick movement the man disappeared. In another moment he reappeared behind the woman aiming to cut her. However, he had back up, several other people were watching from a far, each lurking in the shadows watching, waiting.
We gave this person feedback that he was lacking details. Which is true, it was too vague for most people to clearly analyze his stance. Some of the questions we asked him were:
What kind of city? Were their run down buildings, tall skyscrapers, or any assortment of ruins?
How did the man disappear? Would it be able to be traced if it wasn't to the normal human eye?
Okay, you reappeared behind the woman, but where were you aiming to cut her? What weapon were you using, a knife, a kunai, a katana?
Several other people, okay, so what? How many where there? Where they hiding in the shadows?

Simple things like that had him rework his post so there were enough details that wouldn't be arguable with if there was a problem later in the roleplay. Like saying "That's not fair, where did these other people come from, you never specified!" Anyways, just some things to keep in mind. I was very critical when it came to fighting 'games' and usually they were extensive enough so there weren't any questions.

Granted, I actually haven't read any of the fighting scenes, just things I picked up on the past. Just some tips to keep in mind. I'd gladly look over fighting topics if I'm wanted but besides that I'll continue lurking around the topics. I just thought I'd add some input on a topic like this.

-Kura
Back to top Go down
Cozzy
Goddess
Goddess
Cozzy

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:42 am

A tournament doesnt sound like a bad idea to me really.. lets see who has an intest for that!

Back to top Go down
SuperNova
Demon Fox
Demon Fox
SuperNova

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:59 am

As for what you said in your first post about the setting up a system of attacks, this style is a lot like chess. Yes, you may have a perfect strategy, but it your opponent blocks you, adapt or have a backup plan. Also think three moves ahead. "If she does this, then what would be my best move?"

As for dodging, it has to be believable. If someone fires an attack at you from long range, you should be able to sidestep it. If it's from behind or up close, reaction time is cut drastically. Think realistically. "Would [insert character here] be strong/fast enough to block/dodge?"

As for detail, if the arena or setting is clearly established, most of your detail is: Where you are, what you are doing, and what it looks like. Most other details can be added as needed, but those three points are paramount.

@Cozzy: Interested in a tournament.
Back to top Go down
Sivvy
Demon Fox
Demon Fox
Sivvy

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 10:09 am

i guess i'm interested in a tourny. i'm also interested in a fight too =/
Back to top Go down
Cozzy
Goddess
Goddess
Cozzy

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 10:34 am

well tahts two more people for a tournament!

And Sivvy, id be happy to give you a fight =3
Back to top Go down
Sivvy
Demon Fox
Demon Fox
Sivvy

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 10:48 am

okay =3 we can do about any kind you want =p
Back to top Go down
Kura
Demon Fox
Demon Fox
Kura

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:24 am

@Nova
There is no perfect strategy so to speak. Everything can be countered with enough thought. Fighting is the ability to pick up patterns and to adapt. Unlike chess however, you are a character with capabilities much different than a simple chess piece. Thinking ahead is also very difficult. In chess the game is structured. On the battlefield you have to take into consideration of each character ability. It's a lot more difficult to stay three steps ahead unless you know your enemy inside and out. You also aren't omnipotent so if someone says their true intent, you can't automatically know. If something is a feign then you can't know that unless you are great at picking these things up. Also you'd have to specify details so it can't be considered 'cheating'. I've seen a lot of duals/fights in the past where they do not explain things well enough so it creates arguments; if not get's the topic closed completely do to rage.

Yes that is how most people use the dodge system. However, realistically can change person to person. Depending on how your character is developed they might be an exception. If a character has incredible reflexes beyond a human's capabilities and are fighting humans, they should be able to dodge a bit more easily. And yes, that is a good question to be asking as well, just keep in mind when you are comparing two characters from two different canon worlds it's harder to ask that question. It's like trying to have Alucard from Hellsing and Dante from DMC to duke it out. Two completely different areas when it comes to fighting style.

The details must be clearly established. If you don't have a set up environment then you won't be able to act in certain situations. If you manipulate water and are in a desert that won't work too well. If you are in a forest and use fire you have to worry about the vegetation catching. Yes, those three points are paramount but you have to have enough so it can't be interpreted in more than one way because that can be confusing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!   Cozzy's Combat Dojo!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cozzy's Combat Dojo!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next