Kitsune Mura RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SAO/Log Horizon-esque Interest Check

Go down 
AuthorMessage
clydedrive
Fox Cub
Fox Cub
clydedrive

SAO/Log Horizon-esque Interest Check Empty
PostSubject: SAO/Log Horizon-esque Interest Check   SAO/Log Horizon-esque Interest Check Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 9:15 pm

So, I've been gone for a -very- long time. I've polished my RP'ing skills on Failbitch (Facebook, pardon my French), and have come back with some interesting (and gory) ideas.

So, to get down to the chase, the way that I'd like to create an RP based upon Sword Art Online with some factors from Alfheim Online. A brief description of the background, and it won't be taking place in Kirito's world.

First, some factors that will be taken from Alfheim.
1. Magic is a usable resource.
2. Some avatars may be designed with wings.
3. Weapons of all sorts are able to be used; bows, maces, swords, daggers, long-range or melee. If your mind can think it, it can be used. Except guns.
4. This game is Virtual-Reality.

Factors taken from Log Horizon:
1. There is a class system.
2. There is no known way to escape from this world.

List of Classes; --> = Selection available at level 30.
--Main Classes--
Mage --> Sorcerer or Enchanter; Staffs as weapons.
Priest --> Cleric or Templar; Staffs/Maces as weapons
Rogue --> Void Assassin or Shadow Hunter; Daggers as weapons
Martial Artist --> Monk or Drunken Fist; Claws (gauntlets with blades attached to them)/unarmed as weapons.
Squire --> Warrior or Guardian; Swords/Spears/Lances/Maces as weapons.
Archer --> Artillery or Ranger; Bow and arrow as weapons.
--Subclasses--
Bard
Tracker
Chef
Joker
Scribe
Assistant
Maid
Apothecary
Forager
Tactician

In regards to Sword-Arts, I'm going to do things differently. There will be 'three' unique Arts assigned to each person, based upon their classes and character's personality. It will be purely -my- discretion at which who receives them at what time. The most I can state is: One is based upon your class combination. One is a passive skills that is always active. One is an active skill that has a cooldown.
--------------

Character Template;
Name:
Appearance (Can be a description -or- a picture; includes height):
Class(es):
-- Sword-Arts will be able to be created. When/if the time comes for your character to activate it, I'll present some options for your him/her based upon their personality/actions so far.

I'll go ahead and post my character's template.
Name: Xero Shade
Appearance: A tall, pale, slender man of about six feet tall. His hair is chin-length, and a shade of black darker than a raven's feather. His eyes are an unmistakable blue.
Class(es): Warrior/Tactician

The plot will consist of numerous details. Everything from living with the current inhabitants (NPCs) of the world to battling monsters (mobs) that inhabit the outskirts of the towns.

I've got some barebone ideas for story-arcs, but I would like some contribution.
Back to top Go down
clydedrive
Fox Cub
Fox Cub
clydedrive

SAO/Log Horizon-esque Interest Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAO/Log Horizon-esque Interest Check   SAO/Log Horizon-esque Interest Check Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 10:58 pm

A description of each class.
Mage --> Sorcerer or Enchanter; Staffs as weapons.

Mages are those skilled in the art of converting Mana Power (MP) into powerful spells used to bend the world to their hands. Mana Power is based upon the mental capacity of one's mind. Ergo, the stronger one is in thought, the stronger one is in power.

Sorcerers follow the Mage's thought of power. Legend has it that they make a contract with an animal of some sort, borrowing power from it's specific element/augmentation. There are five 'types' of animals to choose from; Dragons, Bears, Foxes, Tigers, and Monkeys. The Sorcerer has the ability to call upon the type of animal they've contracted to augment their ability, or that of one of their allies. They are strong single-cast fighters, who can rely on themselves for damage.

Enchanters are those that have branched off from the singular mind of a Mage. They seek to delve into the minds of allies and enemies, aiming to control and mold the battle to their desire. They are given abilities that change the positioning of enemies and allies, lower cooldowns and even supplement Mana needs. On the downside, however, they have limited damage and rely heavily on support from allies to be of any use in battle.

Priest --> Cleric or Templar; Staffs/Maces as weapons

Rogue --> Void Assassin or Shadow Hunter; Daggers as weapons

Martial Artist --> Monk or Drunken Fist; Claws (gauntlets with blades attached to them)/unarmed as weapons.

Squire --> Warrior or Guardian; Swords/Spears/Lances/Maces as weapons.

Archer --> Artillery or Ranger; Bow and arrow as weapons.

--Subclasses--
Bard
Tracker
Chef
Joker
Scribe
Assistant
Maid
Apothecary
Forager
Tactician

I'm going to edit this and add in the other descriptions as I go.
Back to top Go down

SAO/Log Horizon-esque Interest Check
Page 1 of 1